In December 2018, NATD Examinations took place in Ballet, Tap, Freestyle and Dance Exercise. We want to say a huge congratulations to all our pupils – every dancer was awarded Distinction, with an average mark of 90%. Well done to all our pupils and teachers for reaching such high standards in these nationally recognised exams. We are so pleased with your hard work and dedication in achieving these results. Keep on dancing!
Author: Emily Labhart
On 26th June, 49 IDTA examinations took place in ballet, tap, freestyle and dance exercise. We are very proud to announce that 88% of our students gained the top mark of Honours, with the other 12% achieving Highly Commended. Congratulations to all our pupils and teachers, we are so pleased your hard work has paid off.
On 11th July, 51 IDTA examinations took place in ballet, tap, freestyle and dance exercise. We are thrilled that 76% of our students gained the top mark of Honours, with 30% achieving marks of 90 or above. Our teachers and pupils worked very hard for these awards, congratulations to everyone involved.
Sheila had a great feature in the Express and Star Newspaper on Monday 11th July in the Historical section, taking a closer look at her career as a dancer and teacher. Read the full article here.
Medal Tests are coming up for our students in Freestyle, Dance Exercise, Modern and Rosette Awards in Ballet and Tap. The whole school has been working hard to prepare and we wish everyone the best of luck!
One Dance UK’s Launch event took place at Yorkshire Dance, Phoenix Dance Theatre and Northern Ballet in Leeds as a professional development day for recent dance graduates or those starting out in their career in the arts. School alumnus Emily Labhart was invited by One Dance UK to be a guest speaker on the opening panel to discuss her career so far. We are very proud to have started Emily’s journey in dance and are thrilled she was asked to present at such a prestigious event.
100% pass rate, with all pupils achieving the top two marks of Merit and Distinction. Pupils were examined in Tap, Ballet and Theatrical Awards. Congratulations to all of our wonderful students!
On Tuesday 20th October, over 40 of Britain’s most renowned dance professionals gathered in London for a historic photograph featuring those who have been honoured in the Queen’s Birthday or New Years Honours lists for services to dance. Taking place at Sadler’s Wells Theatre in Islington as part of the international Dance Umbrella Festival, this included school principal Sheila Groom BEM who received a British Empire Medal in 2013 for services to dance and charity. Read the full press release here.
Students were examined in Freestyle, Dance Exercise and Medal Tests in Tap and Ballet. All students passed, with 65% being awarded the top mark of Honours. Fantastic achievements by all!
100% pass rate with all pupil achieving the top two marks of Merit and Distinction. Pupils undertook graded examinations in Tap and Ballet. We are so proud of you all!